Goatgyan provides consultancy services for the goat farming projects, breed development, shelter design & establishments, Health programs, resource procurement for new farms, Integration of existing goat farms with aquaculture & biogas production, establishments of processing units, marketing strategies for livestock products, marketing plans, rural development projects & livelihood generation through goat farming & for many other related activities..Comprehensive Review
- “Feeding is 70% cost of production in any type of Animal Farming”
- In 70/100 times losses are due to casual managemental practices.
- Poor management is also responsible for poor herd health and low productivity
- If these two aspects correct and follow religiously/strictly than we can ensure you better results.
Prospects of goat farming
- World current goat population = more than 800 million.
- India current goat population = 154 million = 1 arab 54 crore (16.3% of world)
- Total meat / year = 480 TMT = 480,000,000 Kg = 1kg costs 300/- = 1440 Crore Rupees Revenue
- Total skin / year = 130 TMT = in goat skin contribute 11% of the live weight, in that case if Animal’s standing weight is 30 Kg than automatically its skin weight is around 3.3 Kg
- Milk contribution around 5% of the total milk produce in India (total milk = 120 million ton).
- 90% of total goats reared for meat
- In India 41% (510 lakh goats) slaughter every year + 5-10 % mortality (deaths) even than our growthrate is 5%. Isn’t amazing, so prolific.
- Per person availability of goat meat in India is only around ½ kg.
- But these figures only encourage potential new entrepreneurs to take up goat farming as a full-fledged venture, now question arises “HOW”
- According to the market stats citing above there is huge demand - supply gap in India. If you observe then you realize that total production is nearly 500,000,000 kg but consumption is around 600,000,000kg.
- We have 2 markets. 1st - domestic market; 2nd – Export market.
Reference: These are the figures taken from “ADVANCES IN PRODUCTION AND REPRODUCTION IN GOATS” - 2009 published by CIRG (Central Institute for Research on Goats)
- Due to unorganized and fragmented production mediators are running the market reaping all profits Most traders prefer second option. Why???
Look at this:
If we look at Production
|Iran, Islamic Republic||106,000||2.0|
Ultimately, who is consumer?
|United Arab Emirates||7,119||16.7|
- U.S & U.A.E are main markets
- U.S mainly import from Australia
- For India main market is U.A.E & India itself.